Launched in 1938 as the perfect table railway, I ‘ad that is a homage to the Hornby Dublo three rail system, which ceased production in 1964.
We have created a scenic layout that incorporates many original accessories and is sympathetic to the original designs, with some modern tweaks.
You may still have a three rail train set stored away in your loft.
-or you may just recall… “I ‘ad that!”
- 21ft x 5ft layout (operating space required 25ft x 8ft)
- Operating room required 25ft x 8ft approx
- Fully scenic, illuminated layout
- Two low level and one high level continuous running loops
- Large main station and village terminus with automated shuttle
- Buildings & platforms salvaged from scrap / poor repaints
- Signal box, level crossing, footbridge customised from original Hornby Dublo items
- Fully operational TPO mailbag system
- Motorised Hornby Dublo turntable
- Automated single level crossing
- Extensive rear fiddle yard
- Large selection of original HD rolling stock, many salvaged from scrap and “Neverwas” repaints
- Conversions of modern two rail stock from Bachmann, Hornby, Lima & Wrenn
- Bespoke control panel
Please be aware that we regard the layout as a train set and not a model railway, therefore the following rules apply:-
- No scale speed – if trains are running slowly it means we’ve had too many derailments
- No timetables
- No rivet counting
- No bells
- We run whatever stock combinations we like!